A New York City police precinct commander is under investigation for allegedly telling officers to shoot 50 Cent.

An NYPD spokesperson told ABC News Monday that they’ve launched an internal probe of Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez, commanding officer of the 72nd Precinct in Brooklyn, who allegedly told officers during a roll call meeting last June to “shoot him on sight” if they encountered the 43-year-old rapper and actor at an NYPD-sanctioned boxing match 50 Cent was said to have planned to attend, according to police.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

The Gangsta got a badge, NYPD Commanding Officer Emanuel Gonzalez.

A post shared by 50 Cent (@50cent) on

Gonzalez has since reportedly tried to pass the comment off as a joke, but the incident, which was not recorded, was reported to NYPD headquarters and prompted the internal probe.

Gonzalez could not be reached for comment.

The New York Daily News first reported on Gonzalez’s alleged threats against 50 Cent.

The alleged threat last summer came a month after Gonzalez filed an aggravated harassment complaint claiming 50, whose birth name is Curtis Jackson, threatened him on social media after the owners of Brooklyn’s Club Love & Lust nightclub filed a notice of claim against the city in December 2018 alleging Gonzalez was trying to shake them down.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Who the fuck told internal affairs what I said? Emanuel Gun all the time Gonzalez 🤨get the strap

A post shared by 50 Cent (@50cent) on

The suit claims in part that shortly after the club opened in 2014, Gonzalez and others began a “campaign of harassment to close the business due to the race and/or national origin of the business owner, its patrons and other stakeholders.”

The lawsuit has yet to be resolved and the city has denied the allegations.

Roy Richter, the NYPD Captains Endowment Association President, previously told the New York Post that Gonzalez is being unfairly accused and described him as an “outstanding commander.”

Sunday, 50 Cent tweeted that Gonzalez was “abusing his POWER,” and that “The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun.”

50 Cent said that he was consulting with his lawyers “regarding my next options moving forward.”

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Recently Played

Kill BillSza
5:05pm
Rich FlexDrake X 21 Savage
4:57pm
Leave Me AloneFlipp Dinero
4:54pm
Tomorrow 2Glorilla Ft/ Cardi B
4:51pm
I Like YouPost Malone Ft/ Doja Cat
4:47pm