Kevin Hart put any speculation to rest about him returning to host the Academy Awards.
Speaking to Good Morning America on Wednesday, Hart said, “I’m over it” multiple times. He was reacting to the controversy over the homophobic tweets he sent out years ago that caused him to back out of the Oscar hosting duties. There had been momentum for Hart to reconsider the move.
Kevin Hart doesn’t sound contrite at all, I think the more he speaks the worse he is making his case. #GMA
— Darlene (@darlngal) January 9, 2019
Hart said on GMA, “There’s no more conversation about it … I’m over that, I’m over the moment.” About his latest apology this week, Hart said, “If you didn’t [hear the apology], I don’t know what you’re looking for. I’m a good person, I love to love, if you don’t see that then it’s a problem with you.”
When asked if he was going to return to host the Oscars, Hart said, “No” and that it was too late to start preparing for it.